Friday, September 11, 2015

Sick day - In Praise of Idleness

Class -

I'm unfortunately sick again.  I wish I could join you all today, but I'm not doing so well.  So we don't waste the day, I'm going to share an excellent essay we sometimes read about that relates to politics, happiness, economics, and BEING LAZY.  What better way to celebrate the coming weekend?

Please read the following essay, titled "In Praise of Idleness" by Bertrand Russel;

https://libcom.org/files/Bertrand%20Russell%20-%20In%20Praise%20of%20Idleness.pdf

You will have a brief open-note reading quiz about it on Tuesday, and then we'll resume our usual schedule.

If for some reason this link does not work at school, endeavor to find another one.  A simple search of the title and author should yield many versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment